Friday, September 9, 2016

Blast from the past

Alright so here goes my e-mail! So far things have just been getting better and better! My French is getting a ton better but I'm still speaking in broken French which is to be expected. I'm starting to be able to understand a lot better. That's been what I've been looking to do since the moment I got here so it's going well. I'm ok if I don't know how to speak that well. I would rather be able to understand everything, so yeah it's a progressing.

Maybe mom could send me a sleeping bag just for the MTC ;) it's starting to get pretty cold around night time and morning now. I won't have to deal with it too much longer! It's still crazy to think that I've already been at the MTC for almost 3 weeks and it's already almost over! I can't tell you guys how excited I am to go to Africa!! Our teacher went there and has told us some things and it sounds like the coolest thing! Every little thing I hear about Benin and Togo just get's me more excited to go!

I'm glad grandma and grandpa got to be apart of that because that sounds pretty awesome! :) Oh and thank brother Myles for sending me his letter will you! It's amazing to see how good he is. Honestly, when I saw the letter, I knew what it was and was so excited! He's pretty amazing!

It's good to hear that Mason is bringing Elyse around more! I thought that she was pretty cool when she came so I'm glad you guys are seeing more of her! I guess I won't be able to spend all day with Mason playing too much 2K anymore. If I get back and she's still around. ;) I miss playing 2k with Mason and quoting The Office! I also miss all of you guys. You guys have all helped me so much. I wish I could put it into words but really I can't! So just know that I appreciate you guys a ton! And thanks for the popcorn and doughnuts :) those were the best packages.

Alright so I guess for my closing paragraph I just want to let you guys know that while I'm in the MTC for the next 3 weeks my companion and I are zone leaders now. I don't really know what to expect yet but my companion is super excited about it and is willing to work so it should be a good time :) Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that and I don't really have anymore than that cause it's been a pretty standard week. Not to concern you guys or nothing but I got flipped over a kid playing basketball. It hurt for like 2 seconds and was a little sore the next day. Nothing serious so no need to worry! I'm being a lot more careful though.

Anyway I hope you guys are doing good and will continue to do good! It's really nice to hear from you and thank you for all the packages and letters! You guys are the best! :)