Friday, August 26, 2016

Hey Guys!

So I landed in the MTC just a couple days ago and really everything has gone smoothly! For those of you who don't know, instead of the Ghana MTC, I came to the Provo one, just so all of you know. Honestly the first day really goes by so fast. There is barely any time to catch anything. For me, the second day came to a crawl. It's so weird to be calling everyone around me Elders and calling myself one as well.

A memorable thing that we did was we had "non-members", who really are probably just actors, come and as a group of 40 missionaries we tried to teach them a lesson and let them know that we cared about them. It was actually a great teaching experience but I'm glad I don't have to work with 40 missionaries because some of the things people said just really didn't apply to the situation at all. It really helped me know that everyone has different needs and a method that may work on one person definitely doesn't work on the other.

Alright so my companion's name is Elder Peterson and so far has been a great companion! He is dedicated, kind, and just overall a good person to have around. My whole branch is actually pretty awesome. So they split us up by the language we're learning and probably 80% of the missionaries in my branch are going to the same mission as me! So we're all pretty excited and slightly nervous to be going over there but everyone is looking forward to it. So far all of the people I've met have been fantastic and have yet to meet someone that I don't like. It really has been a huge learning experience.

We went to the temple and that was a huge momentum boost just because it added some variety to the day. We spend a lot of the day in our classroom or studying to try and meet the needs of our "investigator" ( really it's a profile of someone that we're just trying to create a lesson for ). That's actually one of the things I'm looking forward to is actually getting out there and teaching people that actually need help. That's one of the main reasons I can't wait to go to Benin is to help those who are in need.

For those who may be wondering the food at the MTC tastes pretty good but tends to clog the plumbing up a little bit if you catch my drift. ;) I'm really excited to be here and I can't wait to hear from all of you!

Benin Missionaries


My Companion Elder Peterson
It's Real!